Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sock Bunnies!


Last night my daughter and I whipped up these adorable little sock bunnies! They were super easy to make, and most of the things you need to make them are already at your house. I saw this idea in a Family Fun magazine the last time at was at the pediatrician and knew I wanted to try it. We just adore Easter in our household, it's right on up there with Christmas! Not to mention I collect bunnies! So all you need to make these are an old sock, some uncooked rice or beans, a small piece of ribbon, and a rubber band. We also used googly eyes and some white felt for the teeth. Fill the sock up with rice or beans about up to around the heel. Tie that area off with a ribbon (this is the bunnies neck). Pour more rice in to make the head, then tie that off with a rubber band. The rest of the sock that is left, cut it into ear shapes (you really can't do it wrong.) You can decorate the face however you like, we hot-glued googly eyes on and small white felt pieces for the teeth. We then used a dot of black paint for the nose. I'm going to get a white pom-pom ball for the tail, but I haven't made it to the craft store yet. These are so cute and so so easy to make! My daughter had a blast making a sock Bunnie for her and her baby brother!

1 comment:

  1. Carol,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. My little Mr. Wiggles is 3 months old. First thing is I love the sock bunnies and the Second thing is I love MS glitter. I would glitter my whole house if I could. Good thing I had a boy. I think God had a plan there!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete